Wendt has over 150 computers, including:
- Public-use computers available on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors
- Infolab computers on the 2nd and 4th floors for use by UW affiliates with CAE software available
- Additional computers available on the 1st floor for UW affiliated after 5:30 PM and on weekends in Room 108
- 30 Laptop computers available for 3-day (non-renewable) checkout by UW affiliates
- CAE computers on the 1st floor running Windows XP in Room 105
- CAE computers on the 1st floor running Linux in Room 101
- 1 computer on the 2nd floor for searching SAE Handbook and technical papers
- 1 computer on the 3rd floor for searching U.S. patent CD-ROMs
- Building-wide wireless access
Printing from your CAE account is available from computers on the 1st and 4th floors, and the cost of printing is deducted from your paper quota.
Printing from all other computers costs $0.07/page, and requires either a campus print card (available from a self service machine on 2nd floor) or a Wiscard print account. Computers in Room 108 print to a printer near Room 136 and the back elevator.
You may also print from a computer on the building wireless network.
- Printing to CAE printers: Using CAE-Print
- Printing to GoPrint Printers: For Mac OS 10.5 and For Windows
Scanning and Copying
Wendt has photocopiers for public use on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors of the library. Copying is $0.10/page and requires a campus print card. Campus print cards can be purchased from a self-service machine on 2nd floor, or can be purchased with a fund account.
Two scanner/copiers on 2nd floor and one scanner/copier on 1st floor produce PDF files for free. You can send the scanned documents through email, save to Box, or print the PDF at $0.07/page.
Microfiche and Microfilm
Wendt has a microform viewer/scanner on the 2nd floor which produces PDF files for free. You can send the files through email, save to Box, or print the PDF at $0.07/page. More view-only microform machines are located on the 3rd floor.
People who violate these policies may be banned from the library and will be reported to the appropriate Dean's office for discipline.
[Last updated: 7/14/14]